Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The First Night

Wow. I mean. I've been through this before. But last time it didn't have such a strong effect on me. Maybe because I was so bombarded with stuff already it didn't really have the chance to sink in. But this year, it's all new. It's an overwhelming feeling. All of our freshman have moved in. We had our first hall meeting. We've went over just about everything. I can't think of a better way to start. Everyone was really receptive and it all went very well. It makes me think about the position I'm in. I am a leader. But I am also a helper, a friend, an authoritative figure, a student and a role model. That might be the hardest one for me. Role model. It sounds so demanding and scary but I know I can do it. I did it last year and will probably be just fine this year as well. I'm struggling a little bit with being not only the "oldest" class wise but also the only returner for my building. There is a lot of pressure implied there. I mean not only do I have to be a role model for my residents but also for my fellow R.A.'s as well. Others obviously have confidence in me so I just have to trust them and have confidence in myself as well. I'm not sure how everything will work out right now, but I think I will be just fine. Just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment